Is there anything more luxurious than taking a cruise holiday? Travelling to exotic locations on a luxury ship, catching some sun and breathing in the sea breezes, can renew and revitalise anyone, no matter how weary you are from working.
Cruise travel is much more than just a way to get from one location to the next. It used to be that the only reason to get on board a ship, was to get form one destination to another. Today they are much more than just a means of transport. They offer much more than that.
In fact, today, the cruises that are available are designed just for you and others like you. With so many ships and destinations to choose from, you may actually have more difficulty choosing just one rather than finding any that fit your needs.
Click Here for an interesting article on combining cruising and the arts.
I have been on the Superstar Gemini. It was one of the best holidays that I have had. Once on the ship, you unpack and that is it until you return. You travel from country to country, with no worries about passports etc. It is very relaxing. The ships have a multitude of activities to suit everyone but you don't have to do anything if that is what you want.
While on the Gemini, I met people that had been on the ship 10 times before. They just stay on the ship now and don't get off to go ashore.
Update-Just returned from a cruise around the South Pacific on the Pacific Pearl. Met lots of wonderful people. Big hello to Rowena and Eric. Also Imee, Krista and Caroline from the Aqua spa on the ship. We were talking to an elderly gentleman and this cruise was his 73rd. Someone else on the ship was doing their 102nd.
My ultimate cruise is to go on "The World". I would love to combine my love of cruising with my love of world travel and stopping off at all of the major places in the world to see. If anyone out there could arrange that, so that I could have a prominant section about it on my website, please let me know.
One of the best benefits of the cruises that are available today, is that many of them offer you the ability to find the right location and the right group of people to travel with.
Here are a few of the various cruise themes that you can find.
• Family Cruises- In an effort to get more young families to travel on a cruise vacation, many of the children's favorite theme parks and characters now sponsor cruises. You can find a wide range of Disney themed cruises as well as those for Nickelodeon and many others. Of course, many of the luxury liners also offer children's specific activities, but when you are a young family, a themed child's vacation may be the ideal way to go.
• Singles- Here is another option for those that are looking to get something out of their cruise. If you would love to take a cruise but do not have someone to go with, why not go alone? You may meet a soul mate on board or at least you can have lots of fun looking for them.
• Seniors.- For those that would rather leave the grand children at home, there are plenty of options for older people on a cruise. These are more laid back and much less child oriented cruises. They are designed for those that would like to try something new or visit another culture. You’ll find a wide range of choices in them.
There are many more cruise options for you. Consider any and all of them to find the one that fits your needs the best.
There are plenty of reasons why you should take a cruise. If you are like most people, you will enjoy getting away from it all. A cruise will allow you to do just that. In fact, you do not have to worry about getting to all the places you want to visit in time. There is no rushing around. There are plenty of reasons to use cruise travel as your main way to spend your vacation.
Here are some other reasons why you may want to consider this type of travel.
• It is affordable. There are plenty of deals happening each and every day, virtually all times of the year. You can find a wide range of discounts available in the off seasons, but there are plenty to go around any time of the year. Most of the time, you will spend less on a cruise than you will on a big vacation.
• There is plenty to see. When you take a cruise, you can travel to a wide range of places around the world. You can experience a wide range of different cultures. There is also plenty for you to experience on the actual ship as well.
• You can meet lots of new people. A cruise is a great place to meet a wide range of people. You do not even need to get off the ship to do so either. There are many people that are ready and waiting for you to meet them. You can meet people your own age or meet someone else. In fact, if you are single, there are plenty of cruises for you out there.
• You can do new things. On the ship and off, there are many things that you can do to enjoy the time that you have. You can learn to rock climb or go scuba diving. You can learn to water ski or go fishing in the ocean. There is no limit to the options that you have.
Cruise travel has many rewards to offer those that are looking for something a little more relaxed or something that is a bit different. Check out the various options that are available because not only can you do the things that you would like to do, but you can find a wide range of options to choose from to fit your needs and lifestyle.
If you are worried about what there is to do on your cruise ship, you do not have anything to worry about at all.
Unlike your flight on a plane to your destination, you are going to find many things to do on your ship.
In fact, some say that the best part of their vacation is the ship itself and not the destination at all. One thing is for sure. If you book a great cruise, you will enjoy all the relaxation that you can get.
There are plenty of things to keep you busy on board the ship. If you are looking for something to do, consider the options that are available to you.
Here are just a few.
• If you are travelling with children, this may be one of your biggest worries. Will the children have something to do? First off, make sure that you book a cruise that is geared towards children and families, as this will allow for more options for them. Nevertheless, there are plenty of other options. Many of the cruises will offer all sorts of activities from games and swimming to learning adventures and lots of play time. Most have plenty of activities to keep the children happy.
• If you are into sports, there are plenty of options here as well. Your cruise may be ideal for swimming and working out as most of them feature a wide range of sporting activities. They will have many things for you to do, including a swimming pool, exercise room, games on deck, events and then when you get to your destination, you have more. You can often go snorkelling and deep sea diving. You can go water skiing and even consider going rock climbing. Look at what your cruise has to offer.
• Entertainment is the key to a great cruise and you will find plenty of this available as well. If you are going to enjoy your cruise, make sure that the types of entertainment that you enjoy are there. This will include shows, musicals, comedy, movies and parties. Dinning options are always amazing and include everything from casual dining to 5 star restaurants. I will never forget the captain's dinner and all of the waiters coming in with the desserts on fire. Very spectacular!
There are plenty of cruise destinations out there. You can go to Mexico or South America. You can visit Asia or even Europe and Africa. The beautiful Pacific Islands. What about Alaska or the Antarctic. The world is full of possibilities when it comes to a cruise.
You can go virtually any place that you would like to on a cruise. I highly recommend a cruise vacation. It is a very relaxing way to have a well earned holiday.