Each year, millions of tourists visit Dubai and many of them flock to experience the Dubai desert safari. There are numerous reasons why so many tourists are attracted to this unique, one of a kind experience and keep coming back for more. If you are interested in experiencing the best desert safari, then you should certainly read on as we tell you what desert safari is and what it consists of and how you can make the best of your holiday experience in Dubai.
First thing first, however, below is a list of things that you must bring with you to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable desert safari:
- Pair of sunglasses
- Extra pair of trousers/pants
- Extra pair of shoes/sandals
- Medication for possible nausea during the dune-bashing
Now that you’re all set for the Dubai desert safari experience, all you need to do is to book a safari tour with some notable companies that would provide you with VIP service and that too at affordable prices. Some well-established companies for desert safari tours are Rayna tours, Arabian Nights tours, AHA Tourism desert safari, and Cobone tours. Feel free to check out the deals and packages that the above-mentioned companies have on offer and you won’t be disappointed by the fun-filled and cheap packages. The desert safari tours are held in the morning, the evening and an overnight tour. We’ll be focusing on the evening desert safari as we believe it’s more affordable and the timing is also quite appropriate (from 14:00 to 20:00 local time).
During the desert safari you can experience the following activities and adventures:
- Dune-bashing: Zigzag through the stunning red dunes of the desert in state of the art 4x4 jeeps, driven by trained and professional drivers as they take you on the journey of a lifetime that is sure to make your excitement levels go through the roof and have you feeling as if you are floating on an ocean of red sand. Dune-bashing is one the main attractions of the desert safari as most people never get to experience it in their entire lives so just for this reason alone, you should choose to go on a desert safari while in Dubai.
- Camel/horse riding: For people who want to experience the Arabian desert more organically and traditionally, you can get a camel or horse ride over the beautiful dunes which will give you a vibe of the ancient Arabic culture and also an extremely fun-filled time.
- A beautiful desert sunset: After dune-bashing and all the other activities, take a moment to relax and take in the beautiful sun setting over the horizon as it colors the sky and the dunes in shades of red. Be sure to capture lots of photos as memories like this are seldom found in everyday life.
- Refreshments: Moving along, you’ll be driven to an oasis-like establishment in the middle of the desert with beautiful traditional refreshments like pakoras, kebabs and hot steaming tea. You can also enjoy free sheesha at the Hookah bar or smoke a personal Hookah with your friends and/or family. A great way to feel like you’re a part of the Arabian culture while you enjoy the splendid shows on display.
- Belly Dance, Tanura dance, Fireshow: While you sip your tea and enjoy the snacks, you can watch great belly-dancing performances and be amazed by the skills of the fire showmen.
- Traditional: Before it’s time to leave, a variety of local cuisine will be provided buffet-style where you can fill your belly after a day of adventure and enjoy some exotic dishes like roast lamb, biryani rice and vegetable curries, etc.
The desert safari experience cannot simply be put into words so if you’re visiting Dubai, be sure to give the best desert safari in the world a chance and we guarantee it’ll be an experience you’ll never forget.