Captiva Island is an ideal getaway for family reunions, romantic getaway and even destination weddings. You just pack your bags and the location is all prepared to offer tropical backdrop, ocean views, serenity, sandy beaches, and remarkable sunsets.
What makes Captiva island so special for family vacations?
Tourist families get to stay with Captiva Island rental cottages having staff that can make you feel like natives. You will find that your weekly stay needs to be extended.
- You can rent bicycles, electric carts, boats, and scooters, when you arrive.
- Younger family members get to play near the gentle Gulf waters, while the elders can search the elusive Junonia shell on the beach.
- If you prefer dining in then local grocery stores are well-stocked.
- You can even take help from private chef to cook a delicious and romantic dinner at your personal vacation lodging.
- Outdoor dining options or take-out are also other conveniences available.
- Evening beach walks include watching sky hues change every minute as the sunsets, the breeze blowing across the Gulf water caress your face and waves lapping the shoreline ride your feet and move away.
How Captiva cruises are fascinating?
- Cruise to Cabbage Key and enjoy ‘Cheeseburger in Paradise’.
- Walk under the banyan covered streets at Boca Grande.
- Visit the élite and historic Useppa Island.
- Cayo Costa State Park, a pristine Island visit for shelling excursion.
- Watch dolphins playing at Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation.
- Watch the Gulf of Mexico sunset from aboard a catamaran.
- Enjoy sailing the under star cruise.
There are daily cruises departing form Captiva Island but make reservations in advance.
Family friendly activities to enjoy
- Captiva Island has more than 250 sea shell species, so besides going in search you can participate in free workshops to learn about shelling.
- The Ding Darling Nature preserve is spread across 6,300 acres and is still an underdeveloped mangrove. You can visit this spot with your family on a bicycle or foot to watch the huge population of spectacular migratory birds.
- Build sand castles at the beaches with your kids and soak in the sun.
- Hook in a family friendly backwater fishing trip.
There is still more things to see and do in Captiva Island to make it memorable!